Here is your monthly update from PCSO Rich Osborn.
The burglary series at the Dalton Barracks married quarters appears to have come to an end. The investigation will be on going with the burglary team with the Stronghold team at Thames Valley Police, which concentrates on organised crime, with a hope that offenders are caught.
I have had reports of damage to fields in the Shippon area and it is believed that young people are driving onto the fields and causing damage to the crops. This criminal damage and anti-social behaviour and if you see this going on please call 101 and report it.
‘You said, we did’ - speeding
I have had reports about speeding in around the area. We have a Speed Indication Device (SID) and I will be carrying out some speeding checks in the area and report back the findings. If speeding is found to be an issue then this will be passed over to Highways who will monitor it further.
What the neighbourhood team have been doing
I have been out and about patrolling the area and meeting up with you. I gave a cybercrime and prevention talk to the Wootton and Dry Sandford Lunch club on the 9th April which was well received. If you are a group and would like a chat from the team please let me know!
Spring into action and secure your home!
Help us to keep crime down this spring by making it harder for criminals by following our crime reduction advice:
• Cut back your shrubs and hedges to aid visibility.
• Secure access to your back garden. Are your gates and fences maintained?
• Consider a time switch for your radio and lights.
• Service/maintain your burglar alarm.
• Keep gardening tools and ladders locked away.
• Ensure sheds and garages are fully secured.
• Consider joining Neighbourhood Watch – Please contact us using the email at the bottom of the page if this is something you would be interested in.
• Please report any suspicious people or vehicles by called 101 (999 if a crime is in progress).
If you are on Twitter please follow us for daily updates from the South and Vale Policing Teams @tvpsouthandvale.
Have Your Say meetings
I will be holding Have Your Say meetings so please come and speak to me about any local concerns:
• Tuesday 17th April 2018, 10am – 10.30 at the Marcham community shop
• Thursday 19th April, 2018, 11am – 11.30am at the Wootton and Dry Stamford Community centre
• We will also will have a stand at the Abingdon air show on 6th May we will have the Police cadets with us if you have any questions about joining the cadets you can ask them
If you want any advice or would like to contact the neighbourhood team you can call us on the police non-emergency number 101 or if it is an emergency then dial 999. You can also contact us via email AbingdonOuterNHPT@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk. Please note this email address cannot be used to contact Thames Valley Police to report crimes or for any urgent matters. To view information on your neighbourhood team visit the Thames Valley Police website at: www.thamesvalley.police.uk. Receive free local crime alerts and crime prevention advice by registering at www.thamesvalleyalert.co.uk today. This allows anyone who signs up to choose what updates they receive and how they would like to receive it.