Appeal for information after a burglary – Long Crendon
A burglary has been reported in Long Crendon on Tuesday (05/06).
Between 10am and 2:15pm the rear patio door was smashed at a residence on Westfield Road. The offender(s) searched the house and stole property, including cash and jewellery.
At around 2:15pm a dark grey BMW 1 series, or similar, was seen to drive away from the area, at speed and turn onto the main road in the Bicester direction. There was two or three people in this car.
Detective Constable Carolyn Bailey, based at Aylesbury Police Station, is investigating this crime. If you saw or heard anything suspicious in the area, or this car, please get in touch with her.
You can call DC Bailey on the 24 hour non-emergency number 101 and quote reference number 43180170225.
If you don’t want to speak to the police or give your details you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or report it online.
Most burglaries are committed by opportunist criminals so please take a moment to check your own home security:-
- Make sure that doors and windows aren’t left open when they are out of your view.
- Double check when you go to bed that accessible windows haven’t been left open.
- If you have uPVC doors make sure that they are double locked, by pulling up the handle and turning they key. Don’t leave keys anywhere in reach.
- Think about where you are leaving your car keys and other valuables, such as watches, wallets and handbags – if they are left in open view it could tempt an opportunist burglar to smash the window and grab them. Please put them away somewhere safe.
- Make sure that anyone suspicious is reported to the police, at the time that you see them – dial 101, or 999 if a crime is in progress.
You can find more information on protecting your home and valuables by visiting the Thames Valley Police website.
You can follow the Aylesbury Vale policing teams onand and find out what they are doing in your area.