|WARNING: 'Thieves are going round trying car door handles in the Eynsham area.|
People in Eynsham are urged to check they have locked their vehicles after incidents were reported in the area,
One resident has reported change stolen from their vehicle. This is happened during the night
Please check that you have locked your vehicle and no valuables are left visible.
Thieves will go round trying car door handles and will steal anything from loose change to Sat Navs, laptops or even coats.
Most vehicle crime is preventable. It can take as little as 10 seconds for a thief to steal something from your car. The best way to protect your belongings is to lock your car whenever you leave it. Other things you can do include:
- Removing everything from the car; don't even leave a jacket where it can be seen
- Closing the sunroof along with the windows when you leave
- Not storing things in the boot; take them with you
- Storing car ownership information in your home, not your car
- Having a routine to ensure you always take the keys out of the ignition
- Taking removable stereos and sat nav equipment with you
- In addition, using secure (theft resistant) number plates can make your plates less attractive to thieves